Deadline extension_REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST_Selection of International Individual Consultant on Veterinary Laboratories’ Compliance with the Accreditation Standards and Strengthening of Animal Health and Veterinary Systems Reference
DEADLİNE EXTENSİON 08.04.2021
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
Agricultural Competitiveness Improvement Project
Assignment Title: Selection of International Individual Consultant on Veterinary Laboratories’ Compliance with the Accreditation Standards and Strengthening of Animal Health and Veterinary Systems Reference No. AZ-AACD-218368-CS-INDV-A1/CS-15/AV
The Government of Azerbaijan has received financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the Agricultural Competitiveness Improvement Project, and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consulting services.
The project consists of four components:
- Component A – Support for sanitary and phytosanitary services, which is structured into three subcomponents: support: (i) Food Safety Capacity Building; (ii) Upgrading Plant Health and Phytosanitary System, and (iii) Animal Health and Veterinary Services.
- Component B - Agri-food value chain development. The activities will be structured into two sub-components: (i) Investment and advisory support for agribusiness value chain development, and (ii) Seed sector development.
- Component C – Financial services to agribusiness.
- Component D - Project Management.
The general objective
The objective of the assignment is to facilitate AFSA (Azerbaijan Food Safety Agency) become capable to effectively perform the analytical part of official control.
The specific objective is to strengthen animal health and veterinary systems of AFSI.
Brief description of scope of works are as follows:
- Conduct a Diagnostic Analysis of the existing laboratories in the field of veterinary/animal health and readiness for international accreditation (Assess the veterinary laboratories in terms of compliance with the accreditation standard (ISO/IEC 17025); laboratories staff’s knowledge and skills; Technical support for veterinary laboratories for international accreditation (DAKK) and etc.)
- Capacity building: identification of the training needs and training plan for capacity building of the laboratory staff in the area of vet/animal health the vet laboratories;
Duration of the assignment:
It is estimated that a total input of forty (40) work/days will be required, deployed in several missions on site during the period March – June 2021. The first mission to Azerbaijan is scheduled for March 2021.
Consultant will work closely with the staff of AFSA, including AFSI and central and regional laboratories. Assignment will be mainly Baku-based.
The shortlisting criteria are:
- M.Sc. or preferably Ph.D Degree in Veterinary Medicine or a laboratory field (e.g. virology, microbiology etc.);
- Track record of at least 5 years of professional and/or academic experience in accredited veterinary laboratory and/or administration of accredited veterinary laboratories;
- Excellent command of English (written and spoken), IT literacy.
- Previous experience with World Bank-funded projects and understanding of its requirements is preferable
- Documented track record in drafting strategic documents;
- Good inter-personal communication skills.
The Agricultural Competitiveness Improvement Project now invites eligible individual consultants to indicate their interest in providing the services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services.
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to paragraph 1.9 of the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants] by World Bank Borrowers, January 2011 edition, revised July 2014 (“Consultant Guidelines”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interests.
A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Individual Consultancy method set out in the Consultant Guidelines.
Expressions of interest must be delivered in a written form to the address below (in person, or by mail, or by fax, or by e-mail) by April 22, 2021.
Agency for Agro Credit and Development under the Ministry of Agriculture of the Republic of Azerbaijan/Agricultural Competitiveness Improvement Project
Attn: Mr. Anar Azimov
1965, Z.Bunyadov avenue, Chinar Park Biznes Center, AZ1075, Baku, Azerbaijan
Tel: (+99 412) 525 01 17
Further information can be obtained at the address above during office hours 09:00 - 18:00.