INVITATION FOR BIDS
Invitation for Bids
The Republic of Azerbaijan
Agricultural Competitiveness Improvement Project
Loan No: 8286-Az
Contract Title: Procurement of ear tags and other technical equipment (for animals) for application of the system in pilot district
Reference No. (as per Procurement Plan):ICB - AZ-AACD-218603-GO-RFB-A1/AIRS/G-11
- The Ministry of Agriculture of Azerbaijan Republic has received financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the Agricultural Competitiveness Improvement Project, and intends to apply part of the proceeds toward payments under the Contract for ICB/ Procurement of ear tags and other technical equipment for application of the system in pilot district:
- Visual and electronic tags for cattle (per animal -1 visual + 1 RFID);
- Microchips for horses
- Visual ear tags for cattle (unmarked) and Electronic ear tags (RFID).
- Tools and equipment for identification
- Agency for Agro Credit and Development under the Ministry of Agriculture/ Agricultural Competitiveness Improvement Project now invites sealed bids from eligible bidders for purchasing of Ear tags and other technical equipment for application of the system.
(a) If Bidder is Manufacturer:
(i) Financial Capability
The Bidder shall furnish documentary evidence that it is in a sound financial status:
- The Bidder shall furnish documentary evidence that it meets the following financial requirement(s): The average annual turnover of the Bidder for the last three years (2018 – 2019 – 2020) for supply of goods must exceed USD 500 000 (five hundred thousands United States Dollars) or equivalent. The averages of cash and cash equivalents at the beginning and end of year are positive in the last three years (2018 – 2019 – 2020). Zero (0) tax and social security liabilities.
(ii) Experience and Technical Capacity
- The Bidder must have similar supply experience minimum one year.
- The Bidder must have completed at least 1 successful contract involving the supply of similar specific goods with the contract amount not less than USD 400 000 (four hundred thousand USD) within the last three years (2018 – 2019 – 2020).
Note: For Joint Ventures, listed requirements would apply to partners of the Joint Venture cumulatively. In addition, all members of the Joint Venture should have experience in required technical area and each member of the Joint Venture should fulfill at least 25 % of required turnover.
(iii) Documentary Evidence
- All goods must fit for purpose – i.e. conform to required technical specifications specified in Section VII. Schedule of Requirements, Technical Specifications.
(b) If Bidder is not Manufacturer:
If a Bidder is not a Manufacturer, but is offering the Goods as a Supplier, the Supplier shall demonstrate ability of the above set qualifications under (i), (ii), (iii) and additionally submit the required Manufacturer’s Authorization Form (Section IV, Bidding Forms) issued by Manufacturer for proposed items.
- Bidding will be conducted through the International Competitive Bidding procedures as specified in the World Bank’s Guidelines: Procurement of Goods, Works, and Non-Consulting Services under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants January 2011 Revised July 2014 (“Procurement Guidelines”), and is open to all eligible bidders as defined in the Procurement Guidelines. In addition, please refer to paragraphs 1.6 and 1.7 setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
- Interested eligible bidders may obtain further information from Agency for Agro Credit and Development under the Ministry of Agriculture of the Republic of Azerbaijan/Agricultural Competitiveness Improvement Project,
Mr. Anar Azimov, email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com; and inspect the bidding documents during office hours from 09.00 to 18.00 at the address given below.
- A complete set of bidding documents in English may be purchased by interested eligible bidders upon the submission of a written application to the address below and upon payment of a nonrefundable fee of 200 USD or equivalent. The method of payment will be bank transfer or direct deposit to the specified account number. The document will be sent by surface mail or courier for local delivery.
Beneficiary: Agency for Agro Credit and Development under the Ministry of Agriculture of the Republic of Azerbaijan/Agricultural Competitiveness Improvement Project
Beneficiary’s Tax ID: 1700428481
Beneficiary’s bank: International Bank of Azerbaijan Open Joint Stock Company, Premier Customer Services Branch
Bank Code: 805250
Bank's Tax Code: 9900001881
Corr. acc: AZ03NABZ01350100000000002944 with Central Bank of Azerbaijan (for AZN)
Corr. acc: 36083186 with Citibank N.A, New York, NY; SWIFT code: CITIUS33XX (for USD)
Beneficiary’s Account in AZN: AZ03IBAZ38090069449330335120
Beneficiary’s Account in USD: AZ73IBAZ38190078409330335120
- Bids must be delivered to the address below on or before 15:00 local time, June 21, 2021. Electronic bidding will not be permitted. Late bids will be rejected. Bids will be publicly opened in the presence of the bidders’ designated representatives and anyone who choose to attend at the address below on 15:15 local time, June 21, 2021.
- All bids must be accompanied by a Bid Security of: 10 000 USD (ten thousands USD). No any other type of guarantee is acceptable.
- The address(es) referred to above is(are):
Agency for Agro Credit and Development under the Ministry of Agriculture of the Republic of Azerbaijan/Agricultural Competitiveness Improvement Project
Attn: Mr. Anar Azimov
AZ1075, 1965 Z.Bunyadov avenue, Chinar Park Business Center, Baku, Azerbaijan
Tel: (+99 412) 525 01 17
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
Further information can be obtained at the address above during office hours 09:00 - 18:00.