Selection of a consulting company for provision of trainings for the staff of Agency for Agro Credit and Development (AACD).
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
Agricultural Competitiveness Improvement Project
Assignment Title: Selection of a consulting company for provision of trainings for the staff of Agency for Agro Credit and Development (AACD).
The Government of Azerbaijan has received financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the Agricultural Competitiveness Improvement Project, and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consulting services -provision of training sessions.
The project consists of four components:
- Component A – Support for sanitary and phytosanitary services, which is structured into three subcomponents: support: (i) Food Safety Capacity Building; (ii) Upgrading Plant Health and Phytosanitary System, and (iii) Animal Health and Veterinary Services.
- Component B - Agri-food value chain development. The activities will be structured into two sub-components: (i) Investment and advisory support for agribusiness value chain development, and (ii) Seed sector development.
- Component C – Financial services to agribusiness.
- Component D - Project Management.
The general objective of the assignment
(i) Design the training program and prepare training materials for AACD staff on improvement of capacity; (ii) provision of a training program; (iii) provision of initial screening of the knowledge and final assessment; (iv) provision of certificates on attendance and success.
Scope of services and work methodology
The trainings will be carried out in the premises of the Agro Credit and Development Agency in Baku. The ACCD will provide training space on a free basis.
The purpose of the services is to conduct practical, applicable and theoretical trainings for AACD staff (for total about 120-150 participants, maximum 10 participants in each sessions). The Consulting company should provide the trainings in the following mentioned fields:
- Project cycle management, Project preparation in large scaled programs, financed by the different donor organizations
- Contract Management in large scaled projects, financed by the different donor organizations
- Contract Management under the procurement of goods, works and consultancy services
- Preparation of presentations
- Human Resources
- Business English
- Accounting and tax course (treasury, TAX, reports)
- Public Procurement
- Financial accounting from ACCA, F7 financial statements and other Dipfr course)
- Analysis and reporting with Excel
- Data analytics with SQL and etc.
Required input and duration of the assignment
The training is planned to be conducted for 5-10 days for each training topic.
The assignment is considered to be implemented within the 1-2 months, November -December 2021.
During the implementation of the assignment, the Consultant shall provide Inception, Interim and Final reports.
The interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services.
The shortlisting criteria are:
The assignment is expected to be performed by the Company, with the relevant experience specific to the assignment and in carrying out activities in the field of business and entrepreneurship. The interested Consultant must propose the trainers with higher education and practical experience, as well as business and entrepreneurship activities in related fields.
The details of requirements can be submitted upon request of interested Applicants.
- The consulting -training provision company must have extensive experience in provision of trainings and seminars; The company must be in such business activity at least last 3 years;
- The similar type of activity with government agencies is highly appreciated;
- The experience with Projects, financed by the different financing institutions is an asset;
- Proposed Trainers, for each training seminar must have relevant education, at least 5 years of proven practical experience and at least 2 years of experience in provision of similar trainings;
- Ability to communicate in a large team
- Foreign language skills are desirable (English, Russian)
- In case of need the Purchaser may require test trainings.
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to paragraph 1.9 of the World Bank's Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants [under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants] by World Bank Borrowers January 2011 edition Revised July 2014 ("Consultant Guidelines"), setting forth the World Bank's policy on conflict of interest.
Consultant will be selected in accordance with the CQS Selection Based on Consultant’s Qualification method set out in the Consultant Guidelines.
Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours from 09:00 to 18:00.
Expressions of interest must be delivered in a written form to the address below (in person, by mail or by e-mail) by November 08, 2021.
Agency for Agro Credit and Development under the Ministry of Agriculture / Agricultural Competitiveness Improvement Project
AZ1075, 1965 Ziya Bunyadov avenue, Chinar Park Business Center, Baku Azerbaijan
Tel: +99412 525 01 17
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org